Enlace - "to weave together'
A cross-cultural experience that could change your life!
Application Deadline: March 31, 2014.
Please contact Andrew Jones by email - email@example.com
WHAT IS ENLACE? A 4-week service and learning program connected to MCC's work in relief, development and peace in the name of Christ.
WHO CAN JOIN? 16-20 year olds
- Application deadline: March 31, 2014
- Initial Enlace team meeting (with parents/guardians): April 9, 2014
- Orientation in Ontario: May 2-4, 2014
- Enlace in Guatemala: 4 weeks sometime between July 21 and August 25, 2014
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST? $3500 (this will be reduced through fundraising efforts, both individual, and as a group). A $500 deposit will be required to secure a space with the Enlace group once you have been accepted to the program.
- encourage faith formation
- engage in cross-cultural learning
- foster global awareness and an ethic of service
- develop transformative relationships and leadership skills
FOR MORE INFO: contact Andrew Jones.
What would I do for a month in Guatemala?
More details to follow, but here is a taste of some possible activites:
Orientation in Guatemala City with CASAS (Central American Study and Services program).
Spend time learning about Guatemalan history, society, and culture. Complete with Spanish language study
daily devotions and regular debriefing to ground what you experience in a journey of Christian faith
Travel to San Marcos
Be immersed in development projects, and learn about alternatives to migration
Visit and stay with local communities in La Linea, and Tapachula
Hike the spectacular Tacana Volcano!
Attend a local church service and spend time with familes
Travel by boat to Santiago, and visit development projects
Enjoy a taste of Guatemalan cuisine as you dine, and stay with local host families
- Free time in Guatemala City - perhaps visit the zoo? Visit a giant thrift store!
Take the plunge, and join the Enlace experience today!
For more info or to apply to the program contact Andrew Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.